Hi everybody. This humble wordpress site recently hit a 1000 visitor milestone. I’ve also gained 40 new twitter followers in the last 28 days. It seems like this project is starting to get a little traction, and I think part of the thanks goes to the effort I’ve been putting in to upgrading the game art.
I do post a few screenshots (like the above one) on this site, but if you haven’t already done so you can see a lot more of what I have been working on if you check out the media section of my twitter feed.
What am I doing right now? Still working on re-creating the basic assets of the interior of the inn, from the ground up (quite literally, as I started back in early September with the flagstone floor of the inn). Things are nearing completion on that front, but there have been hiccups along the way. One major issue being inconsistencies with the perspective I’ve used. I love the perspective I’m using for this project, but I wasn’t quite smart enough at the beginning to make sure I had a workflow that would make everything conform properly. So now I’ve found I need to go back and create a kind of master graphics file that holds everything in it as a separate layer.
Using this approach I can easily see what isn’t fitting together, and why. So that’s what I’m getting stuck into at the moment, and I’m making good progress. However the brand new main walls which I made about 6 weeks earlier already look like they need some reworking to fit with everything else nicely (including the 12 bedrooms I have recently added), so that might take a bit of effort. Once that is done though it should be clear sailing, with a bit of tiding up, and then a big dev video to showcase the work of the last couple of months. Really looking forward to it!